When taking our design to lithography, we are faced with some technical requirements that we must meet in order to obtain the result we want in our final product. For this reason, at INSUMOS ESMAR we decided to share with you the 5 most common mistakes our clients make when they hire the digital printing service.
- It should always be borne in mind that the color mode to print a file must be in CMYK and not RGB, RGB is a chromatic reference for viewing on monitors contrary to CMYK, which refers to the proportions of cyan – magenta – yellow inks. and black in the printed design.
- Be careful with the resolution of the images in the design. Analyze the photographs and illustrations so that they have the appropriate quality for their correct printing. The correct resolution for printing images is typically between 200 and 400 pixels per inch. If you have any doubts about it, in this video tutorial you will be able to understand a little better the resolution criteria of an image.
- Don’t forget to send the fonts along with the file or if you don’t want to get confused with that, turn them into curves, here is an example in Illustrator so that you understand the concept.
- Take care of your edge margins. It is recommended to leave at least 1 cm of space between the edge of the document and the important elements in the design such as images, texts and other graphics that we want to be complete.
- The final format of your work is very important and we recommend using a standard size to avoid paper waste and save on costs.